Security & Privacy
General Data Protection Regulation.
The new data privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation, is effective from 25th May 2018.
To conform to this new law BFDC Ltd has revised its Privacy Notice which has made it easier for you to see how we store and use your information, and to explain your rights.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU STORE ABOUT ME?
BFDC Ltd store the following information about you:
- Name & Title
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Account No.
- Telephone no. (if supplied)
- Details of your past orders
- IP Address of user at time of order
2. WHY DO WE NEED THE ABOVE INFORMATION?
BFDC Ltd need the above information for the following reasons:
- We need to know where to send your orders.
- So we can confirm that your order has been processed.
- Should we have any queries concerning your order.
Details of past orders are needed so that we can resolve any problems which might arise concerning your orders.
Also, when you are logged into your account you can check what you have ordered in the past, to save accidentally re-ordering the same item.
If you have chosen to receive our monthly newsletters by post, or our emails detailing special offers and new issues.
You can unsubscribe to these two services at any time by logging into your account and unticking the box(s).
- We need to know your password to ensure that only you have access to your account.
- We store your IP address at the time of purchase to help us prevent fraud.
3. CAN I ACCESS AND CHANGE MY PERSONAL DATA?
As a BFDC Ltd customer you are able to access your personal information at any time, via your chosen password and account number (or email address). You are also able to update your details to ensure they are correct and current.
All of your past orders are available to view online.
4. CAN I DELETE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Should you wish to remove your personal information from our records, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and will we arrange this for you within seven days.
We will however, keep for the running of our business, a record of the all the orders that we have dispatched.
5. HOW SECURE IS MY PERSONAL DATA?
BFDC Ltd ensures that any personal information you submit is held in confidence and is password protected. BFDC Ltd store this information securely.
6. WHAT ABOUT MY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD DETAILS?
BFDC Ltd does not see and therefore does not store your credit/debit card number and expiry date.
When you place an order your payment is processed either through the WorldPay website or the PayPal website.
BFDC Ltd may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary.
The following circumstances apply:
- To conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BFDC Ltd or the site.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of BFDC Ltd or the site.
- To act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the site or the public.
8. CONTACT US
In the event that you believe BFDC Ltd has not adhered to its confidentiality policy, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. We will ensure that your concerns are addressed and the problem rectified as soon as possible.